Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks - Gabriel Rodriguez, Joe Hill
I basically wrote out an entire review of this out last night, but my Back button ate it when I wasn't paying attention on my pretty little Asus. Which sucks, but I'll try to remember what I mentioned last night...

I really think that vol. 5 came at the perfect time in the overall storyline - a time when it feels as though things are about to really get intense, and a retrospective look at what has lead up to these turn of events is a necessity at this point.

The two oldest Locke children get a chance to see the circumstances in which the mysterious keys that populate the Locke estate came to be, as well as the bittersweet last moments of Rendell Locke and his friends following their landmark production of "The Tempest" before they all flew too close to the sun and lost a friend of theirs forever.

Showing that the past can sometimes be a character all in itself, this volume is an interlude away from the main meat of the story, pausing after something that promises to change the lives of the Locke family permanently, even given what the family has already faced down and suffered from.

If you haven't read this series, I cannot recommend it highly enough. What are you waiting for? - Perfection doesn't need to ferment or age, it's right here and ready for you to grab it and enjoy.