30 Days of Night - 'Steve Niles',  'Ben Templesmith'
And in twenty minutes, I blew through one of the best paced and grotesquely action-packed comics that I have had the chance to read.

I think that when I complained about the ragged slowness that bordered on Dragonball Z pacing in [b:Wolverine: Weapon X|267792|Wolverine Weapon X|Barry Windsor-Smith|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1298522946s/267792.jpg|259609], the pacing in this is book is what I had sincerely been hoping that I was going to be reading when I had seen the cover art for the comic collection. A lot of action is a tying thing between the two, but the difference between this book and Weapon X is that the action in 30 Days, by the large, is meaningful, horrifying macabre and fast paced, where Wolverine's killing spree just seems to go on forever and, despite the nature of his brutality and the sheer amount of the dead, in the end it felt as though none of it really meant anything.

30 Days is distorted, fast-paced and bleak - in many ways this is a masterpiece compared to the movie based off of this, the largest exclusion from the movie being the entire New Orleans side plot. In the end, the story does, indeed, capture the spirit of the unique premise, like lightening in a jar, and then goes out, like the brutal blast of the first sight of sun for an entire month.