The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger Cities of the Plain - Cormac McCarthy Are You Loathsome Tonight?: A Collection of Short Stories - 'Poppy Z. Brite',  'Peter Straub' The Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce Three Supernatural Classics: "The Willows," "The Wendigo" and "The Listener" - Algernon Blackwood One Pill Makes You Smaller - Lisa Dierbeck The Hypnotist - Lars Kepler, Ann Long The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley The Little Friend - Donna Tartt Halliwell's: The Movies that Matter - David Gritten

Oh man.  Oh, god.  Oh man.  Oh god...

Oh jeez.  Do you SEE this?  HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HIDE THIS FROM MY S.O?

With the exception of one (The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley), I got all of this from the clearance section of the local Half-Price books that has been where I have bought 75% of my collection from.   I swear the people in this town wouldn't know what a decent book is if you gutted their atrocious Christian fiction and stuffed some in between the hollowed-out corpse of their Amish fic.  But I digress - their general ignorance and lack of taste is a positive to me.

Everything you see here?  About $15 worth of "positive" there, alone.

Nothing was over $3, save for The Mists of Avalon, which I had to fork over $3.33 for at the horrifically priced meh-video game thrift store in town, Mega Disc Replay, which, for some reason, keeps a really just bizarre and horribly kept collection of usually over priced used books on some lonesome-looking shelves.   Everything else?  That's Half-Price, baby - the only game in town worth playing every day, as evidenced by the fact that I returned a day after thinking that I had only found two books worth getting (The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger) and (The Hypnotist: A Novel - Lars Kepler), and returned today to find everything else that you can see there.

I like to call this my winter store, for when it's fucking cold and I'm too reduced to tears and shaking by my work and school to go out and look for reading material.  Well, I can hardly say that I will actually TOUCH all of these with a straight face, when my library is already as prolific as it is...

At any rate, happy book hunting, everyone!